Holiday Villas on the Costa Del SolThe Costa del Sol (meaning Coast of the Sun) is a very popular region of Spain, situated in the South of the country. It is in the community of Andalucia, comprising of coastal towns and communities along the coastline of the Province of Malaga. It includes the city of Malaga and many other well-known resorts such as Torremolinos, Mijas, Marbella and Nerja. The beautiful coastline includes many diverse landscapes with beaches, cliffs, estuaries, bays and sand dunes. With a visit to the Costa del Sol, you can enjoy miles of sandy beaches, wonderful all year round warm climate and modern facilities at your villa to rent.
Luxury Villa Holidays on the Costa Del SolThe region’s history dates back to the Phoenicians and has since been occupied by the Moors, Greeks and Romans with every one of them leaving their distinctive mark on the area’s culture and architecture. The Costa del Sol oozes tradition and culture, being renowned as the birthplace of Picasso, famous for bullfighting, flamenco and the colourful local fiestas. Why not explore these wonderful sights from the comfort of your own holiday villa or apartment in Spain, maybe with your own pool so you can make the most of this region’s fantastic climate. For those visitors looking for a wealth of leisure facilities and activities, this is the destination for you. The coast boasts one of the highest concentrations of world-class golf courses. There are also theme parks, water parks, go-karting, safari parks and beautiful public gardens in the surrounding areas by your Costa del Sol villa.
Things to do in Costa Del SolNot only is the Costa del Sol a beautiful location, it is home to a variety of different activities to help make your holiday memorable. Take a break from relaxing inside your holiday rental and find out what the Costa del Sol has to offer.
- There are Watersports centres next to the beaches near your holiday home where you can have a go at jet skiing, paragliding, parasailing etc.
- For adrenaline junkies, there a numerous waterparks such as: Parque Acuatico Mijas, Aquavelis Waterworld Costa del Sol and Aquapark Internacional which is the largest. The Tivioli World Amusement Park offers a variety of attractions as well as a theatre where live performances take place, making it an exciting day out for families.
- The cable car ‘Teleferico Benalmadena’ stops at the Tivloi World amusement park and also ventures up into the mountains. Included in the price of the ticket is a falconry demonstration and during the summer there’s the opportunity to go stargazing.
- When in the Costa del Sol visitors can stop by the Atarazanas Market, with its striking stained glass window above the entrance- it’s the perfect visit for food lovers who want to enjoy an immersive alternative to the other supermarkets.
- For adults, take a day trip to Ronda and visit one of the 17 wineries whilst taking in the breath-taking scenery.
- The Miramar Shopping Centre is one of the Costa del Sol’s premier retail destinations and is 119,000 square metres, providing it’s visitors the perfect opportunity to wander around and indulge in some holiday shopping.
- For visitors who love walking, El Torcal Natural Park offers three different trails with the longest trail taking 3 hours to complete.
- An alternative experience would be to take a sightseeing Segway tour and explore the old town and the other stunning sights of Malaga-opt for either a one hour or two hour guided tour. After an action packed day out you can retire to the comfort of your holiday apartment.
- The Costa del Sol is also home to ‘Cueva de Nerja’ which is one of Spain’s most popular tourist attractions-located in Malaga. It’s a 4km long, 2 area cave complex that offers guided tours of the magical caverns, giving it’s visitors the opportunity to be immersed in the local culture.
- Bioparc Fuengirola is also worth visiting, it’s been thoughtfully designed, and created natural environments as closely as possible to 4 different regions in order to create an ethical zoo. The animals are not kept in cages and the zoo has stimulated a tropical forest for the ultimate experience.